View Single Post
Old Oct 6th, 2015, 23:26   #1
Stevenfife

Exclamation Lumpy steering and engine hesitant on light acceleration

Hi all, just bought a 52 plate v70 d5,
Has the dim fault which I have already researched and in progress of repairing.
Also it has a hesitation, shudder under light acceleration, once accelerator pressed down further no problems just when touching the accelerator this happens....any ideas?

Also when driving straight steering is fine but when I turn say round a roundabout the steering becomes lumpy, light on and off....is this the steering pump faulty or steering rack faulty or what do you suggest.

My main concern is the dim being repaired as no indicators or instrument panel info. But I need to get these other problems sorted too. I would be most grateful for any info.

Also the car seems to average 21mpg which is crap in my opinion for a diesel. It is an automatic, but 21mpg seriously crap. My dad has a s80 2.4 non turbo petrol and he get low 30's mpg. I thought buy the diesel would better the petrol mpg. Any suggestions as to what can be done to better mpg. Going to give the car a full service. Including fuel filter, check/clean maf and any other things that could cause poor mpg.

That all said, its a lovely car to drive and its a flying machine! Love the space and the built in subwoofer!
Only paid £450 for the car, done 111k. And seemingly had the timing belt done 20k ago.

This will be me my 5th Volvo I've owned, my first car was a 340gl back in the day, the. I've had 2 850s, 2.0 10v and 20v, I believe and then a v70 classic and now this v70. Glaf to be back to Volvo after the jag stype heap. I have mostly been a Saab/volvo man.

I look forward to your responses.

Steven
Stevenfife is offline   Reply With Quote