View Single Post
Old Sep 23rd, 2015, 18:44   #2
tickedon
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by conedia View Post
I have a Lumia 635 smartphone running Windows 8.1. Whenever I get into my 64 plate V40, the car automatically searches for my phone (I paired them when I got the car), and starts playing my music collection via Bluetooth. It will also override that if I make or receive a call, which is all done via the car's screen. My question is, can the car also recognise the Windows 'here' satnav on my phone, and display the map on its screen? Currently, if I use 'here' in the car, I have to turn off the entertainment system altogether, else the car mutes the verbal satnav directions on the phone.

The technology is out there - before going for the V40, I looked at a Skoda, which did use the Windows smartphone 'here' satnav as its own satnav, which I thought rather neat. It would be nice if the V40 could do the same, but I cannot see a way of making this happen.
As far as I'm aware, there is not a Windows Phone equivalent of Apple CarPlay or Android Auto - so I've absolutely no idea what you saw on the Skoda!

So no, it's not possible - but sadly the Sensus Connect on the V40 also doesn't supply Android Auto or CarPlay. You'd need the big tablet screen in the XC90 for that!