View Single Post
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 10:44   #22
GMcL
0's and 1's

That is your choice but thanks to this forum at least forwarned is to be forarmed, or whatever that phrase is.

You now know that going down the D5 Euro4 route you will experience at times heavier fuel consumption if you are doing a low mileage and the car decides it needs to regenerate.

You know the 185 engine is apparently a lot smoother than the Euro3 163 D5.

You also know you can RICA the Euro3 car to produce more power than the standard Euro4 D5 185 for around the 600GBP mark and it won't significantly harm your insurance premium (though will affect the warranty if the car is less than 3 years old).

So, you pays your money and makes your choice.

I haven't reached the first 6k oil change yet with this car so no idea what Volvo will charge. If it's something stupid then I think I can handle an oil and filter change. Castrol 0-30w synthetic oil and a genuine filter (& sump washer).

It would appear I am contradicting myself by saying a diesel should be bought by someone who does a higher mileage etc... and me only doing 12k per annum. The reason for me buying diesel is because 12k is my current annual mileage.
In my job it's possible that next year I may cover upto 50k so I have to hedge my bets when buying a car.
GMcL is offline   Reply With Quote