View Single Post
Old Jul 26th, 2015, 10:35   #6
Marc01

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-S View Post
If it was me, however, I'd definitely go SE Lux auto.

I had a V40 R-Design as a courtesy car while our V70 was being serviced. It was the most stupid thing that I've ever driven. What suspension? It crashed and banged over potholes and bumps and was incredibly uncomfortable because of it.

In other respects it was a better car than others in the class that I've driven (like the golf, leon, etc), such as interior, etc. However, the ride just could not be overlooked. I was driving down the last bit of road back to the dealer quite literally saying (out loud) "Dear god please make it stop".

I couldn't deal with the ride on that car for a grand total of 24 miles. If I were to select it for myself as a company vehicle then I'd be in for a very regretful and painful 3 years.
The SE Lux and RDesign have exactly the same chassis, the RDesign package is purely cosmetic with no difference in chassis set-up as both use the dynamic chassis (unless you choose a D2 which has a touring chassis). Obviously wheel size can make a difference I have 17" on mine and yes the ride is a little firmer but not as bad as say 18" rims and perfectly comfortable, not quite as compliant as our Mk7 Golf on 16" rims.

Maybe the courtesy car you had was fitted with the optional 18" rims and sports suspension, or you drove a D2 which as standard for some reason has a standard sports suspension set-up.
Marc01 is offline   Reply With Quote