View Single Post
Old Feb 10th, 2015, 16:40   #25
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by regdor View Post
We have had a S60 2.0T SE petrol/ Auto for the last 9 years and are looking to replace it. The seats are fantastic and the ride is awful over pot holes but it has been a great car all round.
Looking at the v40 (or v40cc) as it is big enough for our needs. The seats feel OK but do not have the luxury of the old s60. I am worried they will not be as comfortable, has anyone done this move and can give advice?

The engine/autobox is also a mine field for me.
we do about 7k per annum so petrol/auto seems the way to go BUT there are few used ones as most are diesel. I hear the problems of DPF etc that result from short runs and understand the D4 is the super new way forward.
I am also surprised at the cost of the v40.
The other option is the v/s60 which are equally pricey it seems but at least have comfier seats and the new 60,s are of similar size to the old s60!
I am not keen on the R-design or big wheels which the dealers seem to keep the most of on the forecourts.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as we need to narrow down a target model!
I've found the seats to be deceptively comfortable. I have an XC60 and an XC90 as well but I find on a long journey my V40 Cross Country seats the most comfortable. I have the D2 with a Powershift box. That's the one with double clutches. It is very good on fuel consumption, about 65 mpg on a run.