View Single Post
Old Dec 27th, 2006, 20:31   #1
judgeman

Default Non-Volvo towbar, Warranty problem?

With the New Year nearly upon us I am starting to think about caravanning again.

This year we bought a Bailey Discovery 200 caravan (Max weight 1148kg), and towed it with a '96 855 T5 on 7 outings, including a Cornwall run (from Yorkshire) during a very hot July!

But now we have the '56 V50 D5 Sport (lucky for me I found out a week after I took delivery of it that this particular model had won Caravan Club Towcar-of-the-year award).

We bough the car on Volvo 'cash plan advantage' scheme (as I was given a monthly allowance in lieu of a company car), which means there are some restrictions on how we look after the car.

Of course, we need a towbar fitting to this car for our planned caravan outings in 2007.

I did ask about towbar fitting at the garage during the buying process with regards to who can fit one. I was told that it must be a Volvo fitted towbar - but at over £400 for a fixed and over £500 for removable it's pricy!

Has anyone else had experience of fitting a towbar to their Volvo, on what is effectively a 'hire purchase' type finance agreement?

Thanks in advance!

Chris.
judgeman is offline   Reply With Quote