View Single Post
Old Jan 5th, 2015, 23:27   #7
MikeS100
Premier Member

Thanks guys. I Was worried for a bit as I hadn't really thought about the weight ratio and working it out 1325kg is right on the 85%, but luckily I got the weight of the caravan wrong! Checked the figures and its actually 1250kg fully loaded, not sure where I got the 1325kg from! The car is listed online as 1565kg (I'm too lazy to go outside and read the plate!) so that's 80%.

Luggage is a worry as there certainly isn't a lot of room in the boot of the C70, and with 2 kids in the back the rear seats are not available, but the caravan can take 230kg of luggage/equipment so that should be more than enough for our trip, plus I will be able to put clothes and other little bits in the boot. I've got the V70 as a back up if we need the space, and with an auto box and TDi engine it would probably be an easier and cheaper drive, but hopefully we can go in the C70.

Can't wait to try it out now! The main trip to Wales will be in the summer holidays but hopefully we will get a couple of weekends away before then. Got a couple of bits to sort out as well like fitting a stabiliser hitch and I'm not sure what to do about the electrics as I only have single electrics on the car at the moment, but I'll probably leave that for now and just tow without the fridge etc being powered.
MikeS100 is offline   Reply With Quote