Thread: General: - Watchdog 12/12/06 Etm....
View Single Post
Old Dec 12th, 2006, 21:00   #5
Andy_eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatballs View Post
Hi i work in a volvo dealer and would like to respond to the recent whatchdog program. 1 all cars that are affected are between the years of 1999/2001- 2 volvos warranty covers mechanical /parts defects for 3years or
60000 miles which ever comes first
3 in the last 8 months we have replaced 2 etm units
4 85% of cars we have looked at have no or little service history
5 no other car maker in the world would offer a free software upgrade/ good will for cars of this age.

my wife drives a nissan micra ,again this car has a known etm problem did nissan offer help NO. any way thers my gripe IF I CAN BE OF ANY HELP WITH THIS OR ANY OTHER VOLVO ISSUE CONTACT ME. andyman699@hotmail.com.................................................: angry2:

1. The cars affected were built then but in some cases have had multiple failures of this part.
2. A warranty is in addition to your statutory rights not instead of, and three years is not a very long time for a part of this type to last, it should last the life of the vehicle.
3. As this part has a predicted failure rate of 94% (volvo's figures) before 100,000 miles, you don't appear to service many of them.
4. Whether or not a car has a service history has little or no effect on the life of this component. As it is not part of any service schedule for this model.
5. People buy Volvo's for reliability and safety, I am not sure that applies to Nissan Micra's! However being proud that your company has had to have major attention from CARB, The Denver Channel, NHTSA, VOSA and Watchdog before agreeing to do anything about the problem is not what I would describe as impressive.

Volvo have made an error in fitting this part, things like that happen, it is not the dealers fault, but it should not be the customer who has to pay for that mistake.
Andy_eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote