View Single Post
Old Nov 26th, 2014, 13:31   #1
sami100

Default 4000 Mile update into my 2006 S60 D5 Geartronic

So, I have had the car now for a few weeks and have completed 4000 miles.

So what do I think?

I think it's awesome! The car is incredibly comfortable and I am happy to do all my short and long runs in the car. It is the most comfortable car that I have had and I can honestly recommend it to anyone in this price budget.

Car drives well on the long journeys and the seats are very comfortable. Cruises well, suspension is great and the ride quality is really good. The sound system is great even with a blown speaker! Autobox is great, no problems or issues. The heated seats are fantastic in this cold weather.

The best thing I have learnt about this is, for a diesel engine, as soon as I get into the car first thing in the morning, after defrosting the windscreen, I can get hot air blowing thorugh the vents after driving 20 metres down the road, which is unusual for a diesel! Don't know why, but i am not complaining.

The only problems I have had are 2 flat batteries, because I kept the side lights on and forgot to turn them off, because there is no beep or buzz to remind you lights are on. So a trip to the dealer was required and it cost £60 to turn the daytime running lights off, because it needed a software upgrade. Thought it was pricey, but I called a few dealers and some others quoted £60, whereas one quoted £87! The dealer also gave me a quote for replacement speaker supllied and fitted including vat of £187! So I am having a little think about that one.

The fuel consumption isn't the best, but is still reasonable. A tank that costs about £83 diesel, returns approx 550 miles with sensible (ish) driving on my long commute of 53 miles (12 miles local roads with traffic). Around town only, it would only be about 380-400 miles.

So, I think it is time to treat the car to it's first wash this weekend! and maybe a service soon. I also want to change the headlight bulbs, as one is white and one is yellow!

Overall, it is an impressive car, and friends and family have been impressed by it. Very spacious in the cabin, feels odd sitting in smaller cars now. Oh and I finally understand about the turning circle, feels like im turning a bus!
sami100 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sami100 For This Useful Post: