Thread: My First Volvo.
View Single Post
Old Nov 4th, 2014, 21:32   #138
Roderick Plinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevonMarc View Post
Hi all, I just bought myself a Volvo, and thought I'd join up for the advice and banter you lot offer.

It's the 2.4 S70 CD TURBO, and I got it from an old boy down the road.
It's been serviced every 8k miles on the dot, and is in almost perfect condition, with 11months test and no advisories, and the paint work is almost showroom.

The door cards need a little work, it seem's the leather is coming away on the back 2, but hopefully I can reglue it.

It also has a scuff on the front left bumper, but again, it's an easy fix.

The interior is in very good condition, and everything works as it should.

I am a very happy chappy.

Now for the advice bit.
Is there anything I should check on the car?
Are there any common issues to look at?

The mechanic at work is going to service it for me on Monday for the princely sun of 12 bottles of Stella... can't complain on that score!

Any way, thanks for reading guys.

This might be your first Volvo, but I guarantee it won't be your last! Welcome on board - and to Volvo ownership, too. I've had a few Volvo's now - a 760 turbo, three 240's, a V70 T5 and an 850 T5 - and I must say they remain my favourite make of car, having owned Jaguar, Mercedes, BMW and other less prestigious makes.
I don't think you'll be disappointed. Ignore the uniformed who say Volvo's are old mans cars; my V70 T5 and 850 T5 would give most modern hot-hatches a run for their money.
A friend of mine drove my V70 T5. He had a Honda Fireblade so he was familiar with the V70, particularly when he had one glued to his rear wheel, sirens and blue lights in full swing!
Roderick Plinge is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roderick Plinge For This Useful Post: