Son of Lovejoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bened View Post

1. a) age
b) Sex m/f
c)Occupation
d)Family size
e)Car model and fuel type

2. Why do you have an estate and what do you use it for?

3. Is image inportant and what statement do you want your estate to project about yourself?

4. How could your estate be improved

Many Thanks,
Ben
1: a):47
b):M
c):HGV driver/carer
d):just me and the wife, oh and two cats!
e):1987 740 estate, B230E petrol, automatic, 7 seats.

2: I wanted an estate car for car-booting mostly, and as my daily driver (I have an ongoing restoration project, see below). I looked on eBay at several different types, but the Volvo 240 and 740 were always top of the list. I wanted a large well-equipped automatic with rear-wheel-drive and a towbar; it could have been a Scorpio or an Omega or even, Heaven forbid, a Merc but I ended up with this, and I'm pleased with it. I commute in it, tow a trailer (and now a large caravan too) and even drive it for pleasure.

3: "Image" as such is not important, I don't think I would have a 20-year-old car if it was! This is a workhorse and in fact is a very comfortable one. I do cherish the few small scars it has around the front though: as I often say, they are a warning not to get in my way on my 27 mile commute home at the end of a 12 hour shift! I have something else for "image..."

4: I'd always like a bit more power, although I have to say this engine does have enough most of the time. Back suspension could be stronger. Other than that... well I'm addressing the only other issue -- dying radio -- with the addition of one from a 2002 VW Golf (oh the shame!). Can anyone find me a working electric aerial for the 740 estate please? Mine's kaput.

Good luck Ben