View Single Post
Old Oct 17th, 2014, 21:01   #1
2003bhoy

Unhappy Replacement keys and recoding?

How much does it cost for a replacement key, new barrels and recoding for a 2008 V70? I've had the week from hell starting with someone entering the house and lifting my car keys and a watch. Had the Police out who eventually gave me an incident number and told me to claim the house insurance. I'm insured through IGO4, who turned out to be brokers that took all the details on 3 separate occasions then said "The Insurer, Direct Group" will be in touch within 24 hours. After 48 hours I had to chase the insurer up and was dealt with by the worst phone manner ever. After repeating everything 4 times she told me they do not cover for car keys stolen from the house and to contact my car insurance. ( I am awaiting my policy documents to check up on this). I contacted Tesco my car insurers to be told that the loss or theft of keys is an optional extra which was not taken out on my policy. If the house insurance wont pay out it looks like I will have a hefty bill to pay. I have removed all valuables and am using my spare keys at the moment and have a large steering wheel lock with flashing LED as a visual deterrent.

Last edited by 2003bhoy; Oct 17th, 2014 at 21:14.
2003bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote