Thread: Other 70 Problem: - "strange noises"
View Single Post
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 21:33   #1
edavi

Question "strange noises"

Hi Guys
I am sure there must be somebody on here with the knowledge and experience to help me with a problem that has got me scratching my head. I have a 2001 V70 T5 Geartronic with 87K and which I have owned for the last 8 years with very few problems. Over the last 2 months or so it has developed an intermittent creaking / groaning type of noise, which at first I thought may have been something loose in the luggage area, but no such luck. I have now brought it down to this - If I just touch the brake with my foot, the noise stops, take my foot off the brake and it starts again. Once I reach 30mph and above the noise stops, let the speed drop below 30mph and it starts again. At night I have also noticed that when the noise is active the headlights seem to be dimming in time with the noise and when the noise stops the headlights go back to normal. The Engine Management Light is on but I do not think nescessarily connected as it was on before this fault developed. Any and all help and suggestions very very gratefully received. ED
edavi is offline   Reply With Quote