View Single Post
Old Jun 27th, 2014, 12:32   #5
Rversteeg
Master Member

Default 740

Not sure what engine you are referring to, but looking at your name I guess it is a 2.3 l red block.
Running on LPG requires a stronger spark than petrol, so this might be the first sign of the ignition getting weaker. Besides looking at the LPG system, I would also check the ignition system. Check the distributor cap for signs of wear or cracks, or oil contamination (worn seal). Not expensive, so replace if suspect.
Check spark plug cords, try spraying with water (I had a failing ignition coil cord, but only after the engine had heated up in rainy weather. Towed off twice before I discovered the problem). Or simply replace, same for spark plugs.
I don't know your LPG system, but about petrol getting into the inlet manifold while running on LPG? The Vialle LPi system for example has a relay which is supposed to cut the fuel injection when running on LPG, but the older versions of this relay are known to fail after a while (pull fuel injector connector when in LPG mode, should make no difference). Also check the petrol pressure regulator. If the membrane is cracked, petrol can enter the inlet manifold through the small rubber hose.
Rversteeg is offline   Reply With Quote