View Single Post
Old Jun 16th, 2014, 13:15   #42
JGEM

Default XC60 noises / ride quality

I too have minor noises to report, but nothing that I'm too upset over.

I just bought a 2009 XC60 D5- 74,000km one owner car. It's in very good condition but I notice that the drivers door trim has some fretting / squeaking noise, the front passenger's seatbelt buckle rattles on the trim (it's a RHD vehicle) but most annoyingly the passengers seat when empty rattles when going over a bumpy road - almost feels like something might be a bit loose in seat frame or mountings so I have to have a check next weekend. And oh yes, the electric taligate makes a squeaking sound as it opens from the opening mechanism so need to see about lubricating that. (Lithium grease?)

I reckon Volvo's cunning idea on the D5 variant is to make the harsh note of the diesel engine loud enough to block out most of these minor annoying noises!

Overall, I'm really pleased with the ride quality - almost as good as our much loved 940 wagon that we had when the kids were young. I always thought the 850s and earlier generation V70s / XC70s were too harsh riding and the XC60 is just right for me.

John
Sydney Australia
JGEM is offline   Reply With Quote