View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2014, 00:23   #33
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeIOW View Post
I'd ask the Dealer to explain. He won't know, of course (why would he!), but hopefully he will chase up Volvo UK & find out why they changed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeIOW View Post
Let us know what the dealer tells you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
Because you have to speak to dealer fir anything technical and sales staff for sales enquires.

Which leaves me at a loss as to what function they actually undertake for Volvo and why they are called customer care
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
To be honest I think it's truly shocking. Getting the important things like towing limits right is really important. The fact that no one seems to be able to provide any clarity is staggering. Volvo customer contact centre should be closed down if they can't give advice to potential purchasers and owners....... and pass on the cost savings for customers. What function do they actually serve? It should renamed dealer contact centre and not publish the number so that no one else can call.

Customer contact centre can't answer your question so they refer you to the dealer who can't answer either - nowhere to go - apart from the merry-go-round!

Following on from this and an issue about NCAP with Audi, this is a snippet of a letter from Audi as to why Audi dealers tell customers their Audi R8 IS NCAP tested and has 5 stars when it is not and doesn't...!!!

In terms of strict liability, Audi UK are not responsible for representations made by its franchisees.

Should you continue to allege that Audi UK is responsible in this respect, we ask that you provide the legal basis for this allegation

Audi UK sell these vehicles to Independent retailers who are authorised by way of franchise agreement to operate within the Audi network. Consequently the retailers and dealerships which operate within the Audi network are entirely separate legal entities and accordingly distinct to Audi UK

The bit underlined is extremely annoying. It just makes you want to go the whole way with them......>>>>>>>>>

...............so is it the same with XC60, towing weights, dealers and VCUK?????

Regards

EDIT...oh and forgot to mention Audi also says the R8 is NCAP tested when you ring them up, even though it is not....!!! At least Lada and FSO were up front about their cars years ago (I had a Lada and an FSO....!!)

Last edited by volvorocks; May 15th, 2014 at 00:33.
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote