View Single Post
Old Apr 25th, 2014, 02:14   #1
Jp003
JP

Default Advice on suspension mounts/tops

Hi

I am pretty sure my shocker on the near side is badly worn and makes a dull thudding noise when going over different road surfaces.

I am looking at putting the GT sports lowered suspension on from Volvo but was concerned that the strut mounts/tops may be what the problem is and not the shocker.

Has anyone ever had to change the strut mounting?

Do they last? are they ever changed? Am i likely to need to change them when I change the suspension?

I'm only asking because front and rear costs about £220.00 to replace and I have no idea if they are likely to need changing when i swap the shockers and springs over?

Does anyone know how to test them. Leaver bar in the top and see how much movement there is?

Any advice would be welcome.

I don't want to change all the suspension over and find out the strut tops are no good and i have to start again!!!

Also if anyone reading this has a GT spec 70 series with sports/lowered suspension can you post the 8 digit number on your data plate in the engine bay (bottom right number 8 digits) I want to cross reference the number to see what codes are for the equipment i want. Yes Volvo parts can only send you out the equipment you had on your car when it left the factory and can not tell you if it was/is standard or sports option!!!!

Hopefully someone who knows can help out

Regards

JP
Jp003 is offline   Reply With Quote