View Single Post
Old Apr 16th, 2014, 20:57   #110
XCF
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauser1905 View Post
"7) Remove the tow ball from the towbar and offer up the towbar. We found it easier to offer up from the non exhaust side first over the exhaust pipes. Once in place the towball receiver will sit with about 2/3 over the existing half moon cut in the bumper and 1/3 obscured by the bumper. You need to make a small cut to expose the receiver but more on that later.

8) Once in place push the 6 bolts through from the inside of the boot.

9) Put the washers and nuts on. By pulling the bolts back in to the boot we could get a ring ratch spanner on for the majority of the thread on the bolt. Once bolt nearly pulled tight we switched to open ended spanner. One person with spanner on bolt in boot and one underneath car to tighten."

Struggled on the steps 7 on my own. so had to abandon the process halfway and call for help. Perhaps I was too optimistic on using jack and support and same time trying to offer the towbar.

So with help the towbar on car and bumper cut as well. With weather and time contraints yesterday, fitting of Volvo OEM 13pin electrics is provisioned for today.

Hope this doesnt throw any surprises!

About software download: I am not going to tow caravan, perhaps twin axle braked trailer. Does this arrangement still require software download? If so is this only done through dealer?

With the towbar in place the silencer makes a little rattle sound on idling as it hits the towbar. I reckon a piece of soft rubber will solve this issue.

I will try to get some photos and post later.
The SW turns the car fog light off if you have a fog light on the caravan. The idea is to stop the car fog reflecting off the caravan.

For the rattle I used a piece of rubber to stop the rattle. Mine came from a tree strap from a garden centre. Thick enough to sit in place.
XCF is offline   Reply With Quote