View Single Post
Old Mar 25th, 2014, 19:28   #13
DarkendViper

Don't forget the towball measurements are between 350mm and 420mm laden, mine sites are 435mm when i'm laden for going away, the wife and kids don't weigh much and neither does the dog, but mine does look more level. Here's a passage I found which might help,

The EC Directive 94/20/EC states that the towball height should be between 350 and 420mm with the vehicle in the ‘laden’ condition. Laden condition may have been defined (by the manufacturer) as either fully laden (the maximum technically permitted mass of the vehicle as shown in the vehicle handbook), or, conventionally laden (defined as 68.5kg per specified passenger seat and 6.5kg of luggage per specified passenger and located in the centre of the luggage storage area). Alternatively, the towball may be at the height or height range specified by the vehicle manufacturer in the homologation documents and possibly the vehicle handbook. Not so straightforward!

So that could be 300kg in the car for passengers and luggage plus a 90% full fuel tank. So that is quite a lot of weight. When i'm laden for a trip, i;m about 220kg in passengers and luggage, so stick the awning in the boot.

Hope this can shed some light and help
DarkendViper is offline   Reply With Quote