View Single Post
Old Feb 2nd, 2014, 20:37   #120
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman67 View Post
To update with my findings, car came to me having had a "new"abs and pump fitted and car showing anti skid service. Took it to independent who couldn't sort it, however they did not try the download update as described in Vida.
It is possible the unit was used and therefore programmed to another vehicle as the error on Vida was unknown configuration, whether the software update would resolve this I don't know. I've now refitted the original module and all is well. Talking to RUFE, it seems dealers may be able to flash units to clear them of previous vehicles data, I personally think they would not do this as would involve used parts. My local dealer would not even look at my car after it had been elsewhere.
So, yes I agree that great caution should be taken when purchasing second hand electronics.
My understanding is that parts can be used again but they need to be deactivated using Vivda while still on the doner car to enable them to be installed on the new vehicle. BBA-Remen may be able to reprogram to enable installation.

The serial no's of all electronic parts fitted have to match the list held in the cars memory. I'm guessing you have to remove the existing part in Vida as well. It's an anti theft thing.

Modern cars can be quite a headache for garages when mucked about by someone who doesn't have the experience.

Some people here say that there is no problem but I'm not sure they are hooking the car up to Vida and going on line before they say that.