Thread: General: - 'Lucky' - Volvo Amazon 133
View Single Post
Old Dec 28th, 2013, 22:05   #8
ClassicCarMan

Default Nuts!

Engine has been fully rebuilt now. Spent two hours on Christmas Eve painting it but one of the cylinder head bolts is damaged, so I have one on order along with new hoses, (one of original hoses was garden hose!) sparkers, distrib cap, HT leads and rotor arm, but I am unsure when it will arrive, ordered on 19th December but with Christmas and the ferry getting cancelled 4 times in the past few weeks has not helped matters me thinks.

I have been cleaning various parts which were covered in oil, washer bottle, expansion bottle, starter motor, etc. I found that I am missing two wheel nuts so I have ordered these, but they might not arrive in time with the garage picking up the engine early next week to fit it back to the car, so I may need to get the wide wheels removed and the original wheels with the new tyres fitted at a later date.

I have today been cleaning up the original wheels using a drill with a wire wheel. I intend then to use rust coverter on them, some high zinc content paint, topped off with silver paint. Fronts are quite good just take off the gloss and paint silver, but we shall see. New clutch is with garage to replace existing when engine is put back in and I have flushed out the radiator, so we are getting there - slowly. So my mantra currently is 'expect the unexpected and stay lucky'.
ClassicCarMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ClassicCarMan For This Useful Post: