Thread: General: - Help!! have I bought a lemon?!?
View Single Post
Old Nov 13th, 2013, 13:22   #18
PaulieOfArrod

Thanks again everyone for your views. OK. a few more comments and clarifications:

I first saw it at 2pm yesterday. I took it for a quick drive twice round the block. It seemed fine, but me and my friend were mostly focussed on steering suspension, braking, and anyway, the knock didn't happen, I think it comes up only when warm.

I then returned at 6pm, paid my money and drove it away. They were closing up the dealership. Within 10 minutes of driving away the problem had become apparent to me.

The autotrader advert said "trade terms - no warranty", it also said "excellent condition - inside and out" and mentioned a few features (pretty minor) that the car just doesn't have or that don't function.

The issue I have with taking the car back to the dealer and not involving a third party is the distance. I will take the car back if we're talking about a refund, but otherwise to do a 3 hour round trip possibly more than once.

Quick question then: people are saying about oil changes and sludgy oil. Is the gearbox oil seperate to the engine oil on one of these? In my owners manual it doesn't mention or give any info on gearbox oil. Is this something I can easily have a look at myself?

The engine oil should have just been changed in the last service just one money ago.

Still waiting for the call back from the dealer..
PaulieOfArrod is offline   Reply With Quote