View Single Post
Old Nov 2nd, 2013, 13:45   #116
kioskaskdn

i can see you are thinking straight, nothing happens to volvo if you fit modules from other cars, as for my volvo, i have swapped fabric interior for a black leather from a t5 with electrics, recently swapped my 603 unit for 803 and didnt even need to virginise it. since then had a soft download done to enable front fogs. and now every time i connect it to the car it just comes up as i fault "configuration fault" with no more details to it, so from what i have read on this thread, RoyMacDonald does not really know what he is talking about. canbus is not a security feature, it is just a different communication system, that is all. and so far i can see, that this guy solely believes what volvo say in their handbooks for workshop. RoyMacDonald do us a favour and dont spread incorrect info to fellow members, we come here to seek help and not to obtain incorrect info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKTech View Post
Hi again
Thanks for your reply and sorry to the OP for coming in and going partly off subject but, I think the answers to this are of interest to them as well as anyone else.
Nobody so far has named anyone who this has happened to or sent us off to a thread that does, I still can't see how Volvo can render your car useless, either legally or morally or any other thing for that matter. Hopefully someone will come in and give us a definitive answer, until then I think it's a myth.

Regards to all and sorry to go slightly off subject.

UKTech
kioskaskdn is offline   Reply With Quote