View Single Post
Old Sep 23rd, 2006, 00:41   #6
SIAMBLUE
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeast View Post
Gary, if i was you id sell the knackered engine and concentrate on the auto box and awd as you said. Search VS about level 10. Thats the performance rebuild of the auto boxes iirc.

Even though it would probably be a good engine to start rebuilding as it hasnt blown the headgasket (?) or overheated (?), it will still be expensive. Would be worth putting all the forged goodies into it and rebuilding the head with some stronger cut valves etc etc etc. If you have money to spend go for it, i personally dont see the point of rebuilding back to standard as you wont get any profit out of it with amount of damage thats been done.

OR, you could sell it to somebody that would rebuild it with all the forged goodies
As Imac said" valve shaped cuts" that's what i first thought but they are not uniform, will try and get some pics over the weekend,
Seeing as the car had done 150k there is no wear to be seen on the cams cranks or the bores, even the pistons were clean with no carbon buildup, credit to Volvo,