View Single Post
Old Sep 25th, 2013, 08:40   #15
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout99 View Post
Ours is on order ..... due mid november now

V40 Rdesign Lux D4 manual ....went for silver. It's an easy colour to look after
Our current car is black and only looks lovely when clean.

we opted to keep the 17" wheels rather than the 18's

I'll post some pics when it arrives.

I've driven a D2....whats the D4 like? we have the D5 V50 at minute
and it's quick if driven hard and makes a lovely noise but its very seddate
compared to our punchy Golf GT sport which has far less torque
Congrats on new car! What options did you go for?

I agree that Black is really nice when clean.....silver should make your life alot easier when it comes to cleaning the beast!

You will NOT be unhappy with the D4. More or less the same engine as the D5 you have (similar power) and the tyres will go up in smoke if not careful as the V40 is a much lighter car that the V50.

If you have the Geartronic on the D5 I would think this really kills that engine and I am not surprised that it feels sedate compared to the Golf. Saying that the Golf also weights alot less. It's a different story on the new D4 however as the engine and gearbox really seems to work in harmony. Pushing the lever over to the manual mode engages the Sport mode. Wow. Car becomes a lunatic!!

We also went for the 17" and apart from being super easy to clean (easiest wheels I've ever cleaned!) the do look good. The 18" would have been "nicer" but wife refused to to parking scrapes and the like. So far, no damage made
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote