Thread: Buying new Xc90
View Single Post
Old Sep 22nd, 2013, 12:12   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graym View Post
So after having an 03 xc90 for several years and finding out that the new model that was due in 2012 is now not due till 2015, we have been in to price up a new model yesterday. Went to look at an executive and an R-design, and decided that we'd rather have aluminium trim, quad exhausts and save £3,000 (on the R) than wood finish, massage seats and fancy leather (on exec). Not getting many options as the R already has most of what we wanted, so the only boxes we ticked were metallic black paint, tow bar and heated seats.

I've been more than happy with the standard sound system in our existing xc90, except for the lack of USB, Bluetooth and iphone connectivity, which the R seems to have now as standard.

I didn't tick sat-nav as I haven't found an in-car sat nav that's as good as our stand alone TomTom. It also costs a lot and we are looking to move back to New Zealand where we're from in a couple of years and I doubt whether we could get maps for NZ.

Drive the deal price was a smidge over £30k, so we took that with us to Chiswick, they weren't able to match but were within a few hundred £.
My only issues (we haven't signed on the dotted line yet) are with the wheels - I much prefer the 19" Galateia wheels on the exec to the 19 Ixion's on the R.
But they said they couldn't change to the Gala's. Hmmmm.

They offered £3500 for our 03 with 75,000 on the clock, I think we could do better selling privately.

Going for a 50% deposit and the rest over 24 months with 0% finance.

My question for anyone else who has gone through the same process, is there any options box you wished you had ticked and didn't (or vica-verca).

Interested in hearing from anyone else whose done this or is planning to do this.
Lastly we went home and then realised we'd only looked and hadn't driven either of the cars. Obviously already owning one we thought they'd be about the same. Is that a mistake? Is the R suspension that much harder than what we've got?

Cheers in advance.
when driving it you will find lots of differences , all for the better , The XC90 has evolved over the last 10 years in most areas , suspension , engine and gearbox , you will find it a treat to drive compared to the 2003 model ...