View Single Post
Old Aug 15th, 2013, 13:06   #1
mirizlivpor

Unhappy Headlights, blinkers, stop lights quit working

Hi guys,

Last night while driving all of a sudden the headlights, blinkers and stop lights quit working on my '06 V70. Hi-beam works, rear lights work and the third stop light (at the top) works. The third stop light though remain lit even after the car is switched off and locked. It remains lit for 1-2 minutes and goes off. The error message says to check the stop lights. All bulbs and fuses are OK. About the blinkers - when I press the lever up or down there is nothing on the dash and the blinkers don't blink; when I press the harard lights button, the button itself and the blinkers don't blink, but the lights on the dash are on and the clicking sound is present. I read in some threads about a shunt in the CEM that could burn, but no one reported so many faults like in my case. Do you guys have any clues? I couldn't get a good look at the CEM, just was barely able to pull the fuses out and check them. I wasn't sure how to detach it and also around the whole assembly under the steering wheel there is a cable tie?! Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
mirizlivpor is offline   Reply With Quote