View Single Post
Old Aug 10th, 2013, 14:21   #16
johnjp
Master Member

Talking

I've had four autos in the last 12 years and they have all been problem free.
1st - 740 with approx 230kmiles only ever checked level and shifting.
2nd - 940 with 365kmiles (!), changed fluid @ >300kmiles, not due to fault, just felt like it could do with it!
3rd - 1966 121, same again, changed fluid as a service item - she had a basic 3 speed but was faultless - except that the indicator on the cowling was incorrect but that was easy, just move lever till it engages!
4th - V70 (present) >165kmiles, obviously checked it for changing and fluid appearance/odour when purchased.
It has CRUISE CONTROL! Cruise control engages at 20 mph so I use it all the time. The last long distance trip I did, 370 miles, half of it with my son's belongings, the car did approx. 34 mpg which I think is superb! And mostof that was at 80mph!
I don't believe a manual can offer such ease of driving in all conditions. And of course they don't have cruise control.
Oh and - not long after I bought the car we had some very heavy snow and the car was brilliant.
Mostly I drive an auto because, as we say in the modern country from which I come, Australia - I don't need to spend my time telling the car what gear it should be in, that's for girls!
johnjp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to johnjp For This Useful Post: