Thread: RWD Rally 2007
View Single Post
Old Sep 9th, 2006, 17:24   #1
Velorum
VOC Member

Default RWD Rally 2007

Hi all

I have searched through the forum archives and VOC website and cant see any references to rally's specifically for 240's. Have their been any does anyone know?

The reason I ask is that whilst we were in France a few weeks ago I suggested that we think about driving down to Monte Carlo next year - Ive never been and thought that it might be fun. I used to be a member of the mini owners club and remember that they often do a Monte Carlo rally so started thinking about this as regards 240's. Ive been ruminating on it since we returned and mentioned it to my wife today - much to my suprise she suggested that I see if any other 240 owners would be interested.

I was thinking along the lines of investigating a camp site near to Monte Carlo, and then setting a deadline for participants to arrive. A small entrance fee could cover the cost of a grill plaque and deposit for the campsite.

Ive never organised a car rally before but used to be a committe member at a boat club and participated in arranging a number of boat rally's both in this country and abroad.

Im just kicking the idea around at the moment - anyone interested or have comments?

Regards
Ian