View Single Post
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 01:25   #22
Pete_c20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGBiFuel View Post
..... The fault costs me £150 a year...........<snip>....... we're almost better to live with it. For me it'll take 2 years to pay for itself, excluding the hassle.
£150 that you know of due to excess petrol. But I do wonder if the addition of petrol also impacts the LPG fuel economy?

I was chewing this over today on the backburner and thinking through the injector problem, as it's looking likely they start to weep at some stage. That 42 page thread on injectors looks tasty but will take some reading. But here's at least a couple of cases where 99.9% of the car miles have been LPG so it's not like the injectors have worn out. So I'm thinking they've either become dirty or deteriorated. And if they're dirty I'm wondering about manually or ultrasonically cleaning them.

Another thought was to burn 1/2 a tank of petrol with injector cleaner in it, but I'm not sure if I could bring myself to burn that much petrol in one go. The shame of it!

Nobody has mentioned ECU codes yet. Does anybody have any relevant codes showing? I only have a cheap as chips ELM327 reader for basic stuff but that shows a long term fuel trim of 5% rich. I'm not sure it's related.
Pete_c20 is offline   Reply With Quote