View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2013, 00:43   #1
Airspeed

Default '68 Amazon estate project for sale

After much soul searching I have decided that I am unlikely to get round to restoring my Amazon estate. I have a 2 door and a 4 door nearing completion and to be quite honest I would like a change from restoring Amazons!

The car is stripped to a bare but rolling shell. It has had wings, inner wings, front panel, rear wheel arches, and rear valance panels behind the wheels in the past, and these have been waxoyled to they remain sound. The screen surround and bulkhead / A posts are rot free. There is a patch required on one inner wing about the size of the palm of your hand, the drivers wing has a dent requiring repair, and then the shell can be prepped for paint. There is NO rot on the shell, this really could be in paint within days.

The doors need a little work on the bottoms but don't justify full repair panels, the lower tailgate has been repaired well, the bonnet has a dent, and the upper tailgates (I have 2) need localised repair. So, more work in the panels before you could paint them, but compared with repairing the rot on a typical Amazon this is a dream project!

All glass is there, the headlining is missing, the dashtop is split, the seats and door cards are there but all require work. There are no floor mats, but the carpets for the rear are present and reusable. The bumpers are shot but present. There is a single carb 1.8 engine and a non-overdrive gearbox to go with the car.

I will endeavour to include one of everything needed to have a complete car, but to be honest I have robbed a few parts for my other cars so things like tail lights are the fifth and sixth best I have.

The time and money usually spent restoring a rotten shell could be spent on the trim and mechanics and you will have a very, very good car - and I will be jealous!

The car is in Dumfries, SW Scotland, and I would encourage viewing. Detailed pics available on request.

Finally the price - I'd like £1000 ono. I am very open to a part ex with cash my way for another classic project - try me with what you have, the worst I can say is no.

Please call or text me on 07717163232 - I can't check the forum as often as I'd like so this is the best way to contact me.

Thanks

Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shell.JPG (61.3 KB, 134 views)
File Type: jpg Rear quarter.JPG (151.5 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg Rust.JPG (172.5 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg Bulkhead.JPG (163.0 KB, 110 views)
Airspeed is offline   Reply With Quote