Thread: S40 V40 Cars: - Variable Valve Timing Pulley & Solenoid
View Single Post
Old Apr 29th, 2013, 15:28   #29
andyf117

After a long time with whirring and clicking - diagnosed last November by my local Volvo indie as the VVT pulley when I took the car in for something else - finally got around to having it replaced, along with the cam belt (which hadn't long been done anyway) and a new set of plugs (Volvo ones)....

Collected Sat morning, and just drove it briefly around town (30mph limits) immediately afterwards, and only noticed it was back to running almost silent, exactly like when I first got it. On going to/coming home from work last night however:

I have a gravel drive, and am careful pulling off it to avoid spitting stones everywhere - last night applying the 'usual' amount of power meant I didn't move. Had to use more to start moving....

Struggled to accelerate up the short hill outside work when leaving, and then on the short stretch of dual carriageway at the top, putting my foot down only resulted in seeing the guys I usually breeze past pulling away from me - down at least 10mph at the various points where I would normally be doing certain speeds (eg., not even at 50 where should have been doing 60)....

Something's apparently wrong following the work - the question is, what? Timing out, as above, perhaps?

Current: 2019 V40 R-Design T2 Pro in Ice White
Previous: 2009 C70 T5 Sport in Polar White
Prior: 2004 S40 2.0 Sport Lux in Black

Last edited by andyf117; Apr 29th, 2013 at 16:24.
andyf117 is offline   Reply With Quote