View Single Post
Old Aug 16th, 2006, 08:48   #9
-bobda-

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteS40 View Post
How long have you had it back since they did the work? The ECU might take a while to re-learn the engine so things like intermittent fuel mpg might not be realistic for a bit.
I've had it back over 3 weeks now, so it's had a fair old chance to re-adjust!

Quote:
If the wategate linkage is like the T4 then it is easy to adjust. Do you have VADIS? The "check" measurement is documented in there.
Yeah, I do have a copy of VADIS, I hadn't even thought of looking at it, to be honest, cheers!

Quote:
But I think the thing is just to make sure the wastegate is closed when engine off type thing. To adjust, on my car, you remove the heatshield so you can see the link arm and then you have to slacken the locknut (9mm open ended spanner I think it was), remove the clip and lift the arm carefully off the wastegate and then turn the free end of the arm (grip the other so it doesn't turn) either clockwise to shorten or anti-clock to lengthn. Here's a picture of mine, the arrows were to do with a problem I was having but it gives you an idea of what you are looking at: http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/photopos...500&ppuser=568
Sounds easy, but I'm sure it's not! Turbos are a new thing to me, but I'm pretty good with mechanical stuff in general if I can get my head round the idea first!

Quote:
Other turbo probs could be the solenoid thing which controls the wastegate boost valve. Again assuming your car is like mine from a turbo perspective.
I'll bare that in mind as well, could it be that the escaping air noise as the car is just coming onto boost that I reported way back in April is a badly adjusted or broken wastegate?

I'm also inclined to think you're right about it overboosting as well. I'll speak to the people who did my remap for me and see what they say. It might be worth me going back to get it remapped again now that I have a new turbo.

Andy
-bobda- is offline   Reply With Quote