View Single Post
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 20:11   #1
polcherry

Default volvo 144 grande luxe in gold

Hi all

Until last Saturday I was the proud owner of a 1974-1975 Volvo 144GL in gold in fabulous condition. Then what happened was he tried to make glorious love to a Mercedes ML Series (with a towbar!) The result is a Volvo 144 GL that has a caved in front bumper and damage to the bonnet. I drove him about 150 miles after the accident, and he is now sitting oustside my house in Glasgow Scotland.

Here's the deal. He's available (FOR FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) to any Volvo enthusiast who would (A) be interested for restoration; (B) be interested for spares; (C) be willing to uplift within the next fortnight.

He's done about 63,000 miles from new. I'm the second owner. He's full GL spec (black leather, overdrive, etc). He has a new-ish exhaust, new-ish tyres, fully serviced from new. MOT'd until December 2004.

On the way back home (150 miles) I would not have known he had been in an accident. The water temperature was normal, as was the oil pressure, and there was not a hint of steering wobble. Essentially he drove as new (incredible though that may seem!).

Call me on 0781 8268706 or 0141 339 6136, if you are interested in acquiring, gratis, for free, and for nothing this piece of Volvo history. I even have the original bill of sale!

If you are not interested, PLEASE let someone else know who is!!!!!!!!!!

He's sitting in the West End of Glasgow, and would easily be driveable anywhere else in the country.

Don't delay though. He has to go within the next two weeks, as that is when his tax expires, and I have nowhere to stow him when he's on SORN.

Regards

Pol Cherry
polcherry is offline   Reply With Quote