View Single Post
Old Feb 21st, 2013, 09:45   #26
tt82
Forum Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
According to Vida as far as I can see, Bulb for yours is Pt No 30763954

which should look same as

have you taken a picture of bulb, the D1S's seem to be the favourite replacing the D2 format (R or S depending on if headlights are reflector or projector)

Picture of failed bulb, and any writing/detail printed on it would be handy for future reference for others, not trying to be akward, but I'd do a serious amount of research b4 parting with 20 quid for a bulb, let alone 100+ IMHO its going to be a generic bulb of some form, as there are a very limited amount of bulb manufacturers world wide, and cost prohibitive to even Volvo to have a specially made bulb, and they would probably say reason they won't say is due to avoiding injury to untrained person in trying to fit.

Does the bulb separate from holder?

That bulb is fitted in the Facelift S80 according to Vida, and same bulb listed as osram 66144, which is D1S
I have taken pictures in order to do a "How to....." guide for changing Bi-Xenon bulbs and will post it up some time soon. These contain all the photos you mention.

As a note the bulbs I took out are Osram D1S bulbs and so were the bulbs supplied by FRF. The bulb does not seperate from the metal base, I have already tried that.

The supplier of the D2S bulbs I bought has offered me a converter that changes a D2S to a D1S. It would offer more options as there seems to be better choice of different temperatures in the D2S range as well as extra vision bulbs, etc. I roughly worked out that buying a D2S to D1S converter as well as D2s bulbs would work out cheaper after buying 3 bulbs. Though with 7 year life spans (mine would seem to have lasted just under 4 years but have covered 92,000 miles. Based on that if the new bulbs bought through ebay, or other sources are genuine items and last the same, that would mean keeping the car untill it was between 12-16 years old and had covered around 270,000 - 360,000 miles. I will contain all this information in the "How to..." when I get it done, letting them know all the available options so they can make an informed decision.

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote