View Single Post
Old Feb 11th, 2013, 13:03   #28
dcw
VOC Member

I must agree with the other posts here: I am not trying to rain on your parade, and yes, it looks like quite a good example, but to be looking at anywhere near £1500 you need one that is absolutely perfect in every way.

Erratic headlights and temperamental information centre alone point to the electronic gremlins that plague these cars, especially with age - yes they can be fixed, but they can be a real PITA to do so, as any enthusiast taking on a 480 knows.

Things like the extra lights are a matter of taste but personally I think she'd look better without them. You are quite right that in their day the Vega wheels were rare, but again I think they are a matter of taste - my own view is that there were several better wheels put on the 480 (thinking Vesa and Cetus, for example). White quite suited the 480 (I think) but it's not that popular a colour.

I wish you the best of luck with the sale. Personally I think you will be disappointed if your expectations are of sums in excess of £1,000 maximum for her, if that - but please, do go ahead and prove me wrong!

David
dcw is offline   Reply With Quote