View Single Post
Old Jan 20th, 2013, 14:46   #8
andy ovlov
xc70 cross country

thanks again gazlok, very useful info there.
i have been out in the snow.........and got stuck, d'oh!
i do a bit of green laning and caravaning so the awd has been tested well. last year i was driving through drifts about two feet high (that's about 600mm in new money) and had to brake cos the snow was comin up and covering the screen.
i was going out seeking snow last year, parking on slippy slopes to see if it would pull away. i'm more than happy with the system when it's working but this year i'm relegated to the norm and feeling totally inadequate
my geen flag man mentioned having to program in new parts. did you find this needed to be done or was it a straight swap?

checked that fuse, clan, and i had found it blown and replaced it about two weeks ago but hadn't seen the position number on the board.
it obviously hasn't got the system up and runing again so maybe the green flag man is right. if the solenoid burned out that could have blown the fuse and now it's not drawing any juice the fuse stayed intact.

if anyone can tell me where to find the solenoid under the bonnet i could get it checked out. cheers
andy ovlov is offline   Reply With Quote