View Single Post
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 19:58   #5
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillB View Post
I'm usually on the 850/V70 P1 and diesel forums so first post in this section. I currently have a year 2000 P1 V70 Tdi which has done 208k almost faultlessly since 93k (when bought in 03). But the time has come to move on and I'm looking at P3 diesel V70s from main dealers Selekt range as I want a lower mileage. I also want economy and it seems the latest common rail 2.0 and 2.4D engines do less mpg than my Audi Tdi..... I'm also aware that the P3 V70's are "Fords" but I still like the shape of them (in preference to the P2 actually). I've tried a 2.0D and was happy with the performance but what about the 1.6D? It sounds implausible but has low VED and good claimed mpg. But is it gutless and noisy? Any opinions would be most welcome as would any comparisons of current "Ford" V70s with older Volvo V70s. Regards (and happy new year!)
The 1.6 D works quite well in the new V70 not at all noisy ,You reaqlly need to try one yourself to see if it is what you want, it is capable of 50+ mpg .. and economy is the only reason you buy a 1.6D V70
However the old V70 2002-5 163 bhp D5 will do this too and the car is of better quality throughout ..and has a great deal more performance than the 1.6 D . Try one of these too you wont look back .... ...