Thread: S60 Body/Trim: - Removing the front bumper cover
View Single Post
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 17:13   #44
Aardvark S60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme Catnach View Post
I attempted to remove the bumper cover a few weeks back when trying to change a headlamp bulb, got all the bolts, clips etc out but was ultimately thwarted in my attempts by the washer jets (post-facelift car). The covers for the jets are, naturally, wider than the holes they cover; I could see they should unclip somehow but didn't want to try and force anything in case I broke it!

Anyone know how to remove the top of the washer jet?
I removed the front bumper and headlights today to refit the headlight bulb wire clips on my face-lift S60 2005 model.

Re. the washer jet cover - Carefully lift and pull the washer cover forward, this pulls out the washer arm too. Hold the arm out with one hand and push the cover back against the spring. This allows the cover's U shaped plastic fixing bracket to be removed one side at a time from the two lugs holding it in place. Don't lose the spring!

The only other difference I noticed to captcaveman's guide for pre-facelift cars is that the top Torx screw in the wheel arch removes completely and then there is a stud fastener at the very bottom of the bumper's rear corner which needs to be prised out from underneath with a thin blunt blade/knife. Relocate by hand and then give it a gentle tap with hammer etc to drive it home when refitting bumper.

BTW - the 3 Torx screws securing the foglights to the bumper were really loose on my car, so worth checking out while the bumper's off.

I also widened the gait of the wire clips so they fitted more securely into the lugs, so less likely to come adrift again.

HTH
Aardvark S60 is offline   Reply With Quote