View Single Post
Old Nov 11th, 2012, 19:00   #3
960kg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvoline View Post
Finally got a hold of a couple videos of the standstill acceleration chrip.
Only happens with above average throttle pressure ... Still embarrassing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny4Aj..._gA&playnext=2

and here between 3-4k rpm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK8x-...1&feature=plcp

Now the reason I'm afraid is because if this is a timing issue my engine could be wrecked soon... I don't know if I should drive or not.
A local diagnosis of the problem is 100 pounds just for some idiot to take a look ... I'd rather blow the engine up.

Any diagnosis tips... Gladly welcome.

Idle AUX mechanism moves very nicely. Belt is straight and new, tensioner is stable.
Strange.
Any ideas guys ? Keith ?
I have played and played your vid. and it sounds to me very similar to what i get now and again on the T5 and that is my steering pump is noisy and although i have changed the fluid i get that noise similar to yours but only when the engine is cold then it goes. Mine is a job to bleed and i think sometimes the steering pump just grabs a bit of air instead of fluid and i get that noise. Check your fluid level..... The steering still feels normal.

The other noise similar is the water /coolant rushing through the heater matrix then it stops making the noise once it has done it once or twice. It does this when really hot.

Apart from those two things i don`t know....i don`t think it sounds like a belt or your timing!

Is that latest vid. your idler noise?....mine went but did not sound like that!

Do you see the whip in the belt as the alternator pulley has a clutch to soak the whip up, that is what it is designed to do, so because you can see the whip the alternator pulley may be worn and causing the noise?

Last edited by 960kg; Nov 11th, 2012 at 19:06.
960kg is offline   Reply With Quote