View Single Post
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 06:51   #115
Burdekin
Chief Bodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 940_Turbo View Post
I don't think so, it is specifically headed 'LPGA Code of Practice 11 Certificate'

Apart from that one of the reasons the whole database was moved online was to stamp out fake certificates. My own car has a genuine LPGA certificate and it has a phone number on it to check whether its genuine.

I'm not sure whether that's even the point though. Assume anyone can issue their own certificate, and that is legal and acceptable. Surely the installation should comply with the current regulations, not the regulations from a defunct body that ceased to exist over 4 years ago? There is no such thing as an LPGA code of practice because the LPGA doesn't exist.
The problem is the UKLPG is a trade organisation with no authority and COP11 is only a code of practice issued by a trade organisation, it is not a government regulation.

This is going to sound harsh but for whatever work you get done on your car you can take it to an approved and qualified organisation or a backyard guy. But your point is that you've paid good money for the job and it should be done to an acceptable standard with the correct parts which I totally agree with, but as Dai is not accredited or associated with anyone it's harder to get problems rectified. I would now take it to a UKLPG qualified installer now, get an assessment and quote for bringing it up to COP11 standard as that is what you have paid for and then take it from there with Dai or go to trading standards or small claims if he won't pay to get the car done properly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Burdekin For This Useful Post: