Thread: General: - Which s60 to buy?
View Single Post
Old Jul 16th, 2012, 20:57   #34
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMad View Post
I'm not sure about halve?
My petrol S60 hovers around the 30mpg mark (almost exclusively motorway miles). Can the diesel version of my car manage 60mpg in the same conditions? Even if it can, diesel costs more than unleaded and servicing costs are going to be similar! Plus of course, diesel cars generally cost more to buy.
I think diesel may be a more economical option if used around town mostly and used often in these conditions.
The prospective buyer really needs to work out (carefully) the difference in costings against the proposed use of his new/secondhand vehicle. I don't think that would be a part of his question any of us could definitively answer?
well in general a s60 petrol turbo is going to average say 28 mpg in real terms in average conditions a D5 163 bhp can do 55+ on longer runs and average upper 40's , so yes i stick with around half ( the volume if not the comparible litre cost ) everyone's driving conditions are different though .

a s60 petrol turbo can be VERY thirsty at times as we all know , hills , traffic queues , after a hard run which is why you have a turbo ..