Thread: Electrics: - alternator alternative?
View Single Post
Old Jul 15th, 2012, 16:46   #11
Ron Kwas
Premier Member

Tony;

The AMP indicator is not "measuring" voltage drop so much as indicating it when it occurs...and as I stated, some minor voltage drop is inherent and unavoidable (it must occur and is intended, by design across a fuse!), but when this increases due to (unintentional) corrosion or the other known causes at the Fuse Block, then a FB refurb is called for, and I offer these...it is good practice and recommended to install a refurbed FB to safely handle the increased currents available from an uprated Alt!

I have yet to hear of an electrical fire after an alt upgrade, and I wouldn't want you to be the first...not when all the weaknesses and areas which need attention are well known!!!

See related info about heat from voltage drops: http://www.sw-em.com/tech_bulletin_3.htm

PLEASE try use punctuation and grammatical breaks to make reading your posts simpler (and allow readers to occasionally breathe)...you know when you want the breaks because you wrote the post...but readers need these to know also, and the way we know is by your use of punctuation...

Cheers
Ron Kwas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ron Kwas For This Useful Post: