View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2006, 13:42   #9
Izzy T5

Hi all, relative noobie here. I have had my S70 T5 Auto for a year now, and I was really put off by the way it rolled around corners. I got stiffer & lower springs fitted at the front. This cured most of the big Swedes wayward tendancies.

I left the rear springs as standard cos I didn't want to scrape the exhaust over speed humps (the ones around here are massive, ambulances get stuck on top of them).

The problem with this set-up is that It changes the roll charateristics of the car. Now it tends to squat at the rear (due to the soft springs) when I take round-abouts while the front stays composed and taut.

I want to fit the stiffer springs at the rear but I also want to fit bags so that I can raise the car if I am carrying loads. I have seen bags fitted on PIMP MY RIDE but they were fitted to an American car that had a solid rear axle. The bags were inserted between the axle and a stiff part of the cars underbody.

The volvos rear suspension set-up is semi-independant (take a look under your car - you won't see a solid single piece rear axle). The volvos semi-independant set-up is good but it could make it hard to fit standard bags.

Anyway - If anyone knows where we can get bags that we can fit to our volvos, I would appreciate the info.

Finally - The low springs at the front and standard springs at the rear give the volvo a cool 'Gangster Lean' towards the nose. It make the car look like it is ready to pounce and eat up GTI's like a cat eats budgies.

Iz

Last edited by Izzy T5; May 29th, 2006 at 13:44.