View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2012, 10:21   #39
ShadeTek
Premier Member

Well, I may have an interested buyer for my 850 who wants a cheap runaround till they get a campervan they're after. I knew I had some holes in my cat so I put the car on the ramps last night and got the front of the cat unbolted very easily. Next was to undo the clamp at the rear, usually a 1 minute job, never had a problem before, but not this time, bolts and nuts rotted away after 2 bad winters. An hour later after grinding the clamp in two, I got the thing off. Nightmare. Just by sheer coincidence my mate who can weld walks past walking his dog down the cycle track and I mention that I have some holes I need filling and he says, bring it round and I'll do it now! Top marks, an hour later, cat has only two holes. (One at each end). Just need to re-fit now. Btw, the last time I had to take the cat off to replace the exhaust manifold I had a similar experience with rounded nuts. It took me 5 hours to get the top right bolt off as it was in a really awkward position and I had to drill the head off it. Exhausts are horrible rusty dirty things and best left alone to expensive dancing men in blue overalls.

V70 SE NAV 1.6 D2 2015MY POWERSHIFT, D4162T, 93000miles, RED.
/VOL FCR/PEPER OBD2/Acron 9135 OBD2/L.E.D Flasher/VDASH/ANCEL BA301/Topdon Top Scan
ShadeTek is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShadeTek For This Useful Post: