View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2012, 19:43   #4
capt jack
VOC Member

My experience is of just the one car, but I had a Tartarini system fitted to my V70 8 years and 210,000 miles ago.

The system itself has actually gone wrong just twice in all those miles - once the operating pressure dropped a bit, and once No 5 cylinder solenoid (injector) went west. Total repair cost in each case less than £20.

Other than that it has performed flawlessly, reliably and economically.

I can remember shopping around quite a bit at the time, and what impressed me most was the fact that the conversion company were also the main UK agents for Tartarini, and had recently converted a Rolls Royce belonging to the Queen (the one with with the big glass rear compartment - the car that is, not HMQ!).

I reckoned that if Her Maj was OK with it then I should be too!

And I'm glad to say things have indeed turned out very well indeed.

Servicing involves a filter change and ECU reset every 15,000 miles. Service costs are less than £25 a time. As important as the hardware undoubetdly is, I reckon it's vital to go with a convertor who impresses you with their standards of workmanship and after-sales service. The other essential is keeping your ignition bits in good order. LPG does not like tired electricals, but the good news is it runs best on the most basic (cheapest) spark plugs. Economy wise, my 2.5 10v auto returns 25 to 28 mpg on LPG, which is the cost equivalent of better than 53mpg on petrol or diesel. And that is more 'economical' than most small family hatchbacks can manage, let alone the uber comfortwagon and all-round super loadmobile that is a V70.

Buy well and LPG is a fantastic choice that you won't regret. I reckon my fuel cost saving over the years to be in excess of £14,000. Which is a brilliant return on a £1700 investment.

Cheers

Jack

Last edited by capt jack; May 1st, 2012 at 19:55.
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to capt jack For This Useful Post: