Thread: XC70: General - XC70 (Gen3) Oil Change Procedure
View Single Post
Old Apr 18th, 2012, 11:36   #6
PeteB1
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Now I really hope someone will do the Geartronic oil change on a Gen3, and post it here - I am keen to do mine, but can't find enough information to risk starting the job!

So far this is the best I can find:
http://www.ipdusa.com/techtips/10089...-transmissions
... but based on that I won't even start the job!
I did mine just through simple drain/fill cycles with a few hundred miles in between. I got 2.4l out each time, there is supposed to be 7l in there so 3 cycles will replace a volume just over the full amount. There will of course, still be a bit of old fluid in the new fluid but it is heavily diluted.

I drained the fluid at ambient temperature, let it drain for about 1 hr to get as much out as possible then carefully measured the amount drained and replaced with exactly the same amount of fluid at the same temperature through he filler plug.

I still have the thrid drain/fill cycle to do, then I will also perform a detailed level check as per the TF-80SC.

The IPDUSA article is a little confusing as it clearly shows the correct gearbox but the level checking procedure is not right. The TF-80 has no dipstick. Instead, the level is set via the combined drain/level check plug.

See here.