Thread: Volvo 66
View Single Post
Old Apr 15th, 2012, 09:23   #27
purplebargeken
Premier Member

I spent a couple of hours at the barn today and did some purely cosmetic stuff on the Mushy Vee.

Here is a little 'before' picture:

A bit sad and dusty isn't she.

Here are some 'inbetween' pictures:

An annoying dent showing the damaged wing repeater. Replacements to original spec are pretty hard to come by, so a couple of alternative one's will need to be found.

What lies beneath (front O/S sill):

And t'other side:

Slight hole at the N/S rear:

That seems to be it with regards to the underneath bits. Not too horrible to be honest.

The bit below the Ovlov badge is grotty (and the lip behind that as well) and will need fixing at some point.

A teensy bit of rust at the base of the rear pillar:

A scab on the rear O/S wheel arch:

Slightly tatty but otherwise solid!

Tank looks a bit sorry for itself, not sure about it's leak-proofness:

The front end looks solid enough but the various chips and stuff will need to be dealt with:

Oh look, shiney paint!

And after:

Bye Bye little Mushy. See you soon!

So there you go. The paintwork came up pretty well with a bit of cutting and claying. The stick on side strips will be coming off but I will need the services of a hairdryer for that. What does need doing appears pretty minimal, but with all this car and old, I have no doubt that other things will appear.

The wheels will need blasting and powder coating as well.

The interior just had a very basic wipe over.

Things that need doing:

I have the service items and a battery lurking somewhere, so that will contribute to getting her running at some point. She will need a set of wiper blades, an interior light cover, a bloody good vacuuming out and a good scrub. The drivers seat didn't want to tilt forward, so that will need looking at. Seat covers will be required as the vinyl has started to split/tear in places too.

The rear section of the exhaust needs replacing. The brakes will need an overhaul. I think the drivers window needs looking at and possibly one of the column switches might be kaput.

Not the end of the world and once on the road she will be an eye-catching and rather practical car.

Cheers

Ken
purplebargeken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to purplebargeken For This Useful Post: