View Single Post
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 20:57   #12
sillen963

Hinterland:
Im sorry to say that i only have a pair each of the amazon and amazonS emblems so ill hang on to them.

"I have been told the Amazon 221 fender emblem was only used in one year of production only"

The estate of the amazon was introduced in 1962 and it had an "update"
in 1964 to the new "shield"-like badge and new wheels and other things to
so that badge was on the cars for 2 years BUT only 1400 was made in -62 and
6875 in -63,64902 estates was made from 1964-69 so there is a big difference in availability

"On the 165 there was one apparently built by Volvo in Sweden for one of its then Presidents"

I do NOT belive this to be true!

Im not sure if you mean president of Sweden or president of Volvo?
But Sweden never had a President,We have a King and a Prime-minister and im pretty sure it wasnt built for them.
On another pic of that car you can see its in germany in a car show called Techno Classica Essen so it may have been built for Volvo Germanys president in germany but it has the info for the picture as "Essen, Technoclassica. Volvo 165 oder 164 Kombi T für Flughafentransfer (vermute ich)" Flughafentransfer=Airport Shuttle
And some stuff is wierd about that car like the 74 and up doors.

But i do know that the diktator of east-germany Erich Honecker had a love for special-built Volvos and owned a few 264TE Landauette (cabriolet over the backseat) i havent seen you mentioning them anywere so maybe thats news to you?

I read some of your comments on "fruttans" flickr and tried to respond but i couldent cuz i dont have facbook or google

But some info on stuff u had wrong there:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fruttan...in/photostream

In Sweden Volvo 142/144 GL was introduced in 1971 they r both rare but 144GL is the rarest cuz it was "never" sold in Sweden 71-72 but a few stayed behind,73-74 both were availble and is a bit more common.
The Swedish Grand Luxes almost always was sold with gold or blue-metalic paint and had a sunroof,availble with 4,4 with od and automatic
They all had fuel injection,Black Leather interior,front foglights,and 5,5inch wheels with a beauty-ring,chrome wheelnuts and a small hubcap

The 142/4/5 E 71-72 models were never availble in Sweden either but some cop-cars had that engine and as in most cases with Volvos that wasnt availble here some stayed behind so there is a few of them around.
Same story with 142/4/5 73-74 BUT an exeption with the 145E i belive cuz ive seen quite a few 145E 1973-74 around often in blue-metalic

There NEVER was a 145GL model of any year! i have seen Ads were people call the 145E for GL but it always is "just" an E.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fruttan...in/photostream

There was actually a 244 limousine!
They were/are often used as taxis here in sweden and are not TE (Top Executive) models cuz thats way to much luxury for common swedes lol

Here is a link for another 240GLT Limo:
http://www.garaget.org/?car=78569

I hope this helped you a bit.

Erik in Sweden
sillen963 is offline   Reply With Quote