View Single Post
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 09:29   #10
Joe Harding
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340man View Post
I can check with my friend, the previous owner of the car, he may remember where the faulty filter came from.

While we are discussing filters.

I used to work as a Production Support/ Process/ Equipment Engineer for British Aerospace. There were many filters in process equipment and they were changed on a routine. The filter suppliers made a small fortune from us.

I started specifying filters (of suitable specification) from a small company, and the owner/ engineer would visit every now and again. I looked forward to his visits as he was so knowledgeable and helpful.

He said that in all of our processes we were changing filters far to often and and just wasting money. The frequency of filter changes was reduced considerably with no detriment to the processes.

The engineer said that car oil filters changed far more frequently than necessary. He said they would normally be absolutely fine for several oil changes.
Since converting to LPG, the oil simply doesn't change colour. Hence I increase oil change interval times and change the filter only after the third oil change.

Let's face it, car maunfacturers gotta make money after the sale too.
Joe Harding is online now   Reply With Quote